Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rambling

I haven't written any blog posts for a while; this, of course, is somewhat annoying, given that I have one for the sole purpose of making me write about things on at least a semi-regular basis. But that's less about speaking my mind and more about making sure that I am writing simply for the sake of writing; I believe that writing is one of those things that you need to practice, regularly, to stay good at. And while I write a little for work, it's not quite the same – to put it bluntly, the writing I do for work is not that demanding; sadly, explaining and interpreting figures for the gas industry doesn't require elegant prose.

But there just hasn't been much to write about. I've written a few reviews of things – theatre and film mostly – over the last couple of months, but that's not really what I want the blog to be about; I spend enough time writing theatre reviews as it is, and I don't actually think my film reviews are all that good, at least in a technical sense.

A lot of the time I start writing but then change my mind halfway through – I've got a sizeable number of begun-but-not-finished posts sitting in my documents folder – which is a bit frustrating, given that I don't have anywhere near enough time on my hands to spend on writing things that I don't finish.

It doesn't help that I'm easily distracted. What may be my favourite ever e-card sums it up perfectly:


Anyway, I'm going to go back to making regular updates about things – weekly, if possible – that have come up and are worth mentioning. And, in the process of writing this, I've come up with a few things to write about, so I'm going to stop now and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment